This is a replication of Healthy Choice: Portabella Marsala Pasta, if you would like to try this, I would appreciate anyone willing to be my test kitchen. I just ask for your honest feed back and any suggestions you may have. Also any pictures of the process from start to finish would be much appreciated.
Source: To Vegan or Not to Vegan
3 medium Shallots, minced or small dice
1 large Red Bell pepper, diced small
2 cloves Garlic, crushed and minced
2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, Season to taste
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, Season to taste
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, Season to taste
8 ounces porcini mushroom, diced/reconstituted and rough chopped of using dried and reserve liquid
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup vegetable stock, or use liquid reserved from dried mushrooms
1 pound Asparagus, blanched/shocked cut into 2" lengths
2 tablespoons parma Vegan Parmesan, reserve half
16 ounces whole wheat pasta, Penne or Wide Noodles
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced fine
1. Prepare pasta as directed on box and shock and hold
2. Prepare Shallots, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and asparagus. Blanch and shock asparagus and hold.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saute' pan and saute' shallot and red pepper 3-4 minutes until shallot is translucent. Add garlic and saute' until fragrant.
4. Add mushrooms, saute 3-4 minutes until juice is released.
5. Add Marsala and either vegetable stock or mushroom liquid. Cook until liquid is reduced by approximately half and add asparagus and toss in pasta and parmesan.Season to taste with Salt, pepper, pepper flakes and any other seasoning desired.
6. Garnish with additional parm and parsley.